Mostly greens with some healthy whole grains and softly scrambled eggs on the side.
▢ 3 tsp extra virgin olive oil divided
▢ 1/2 small red onion diced
▢ 1-2 cloves garlic minced
▢ 3 packed cups chopped mixed greens kale, bok choy, spinach, etc.
▢ 1/4 cup fresh parsley roughly chopped
▢ 1/2 cup leftover cooked whole grains wheat berries, spelt, barley, etc.
▢ 2 eggs whisked
▢ salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tsp olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until just translucent
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add the chopped greens and sauté until heated through and wilted, about 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then transfer this mixture into a bowl.
- Add 1 tsp of olive oil into the same skillet, and then add the leftover whole grains. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until heated through.
- Transfer to the bowl with the greens.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the final tsp of olive oil to the skillet.
- Add the whisked eggs, wait a moment, then gently begin pushing the egg towards the middle of the pan. Continue until the eggs are softly scrambled.
- Season with salt and pepper, and then transfer to the bowl with the greens and grains.
- Sprinkle fresh parsley over the top, and serve immediately.