Breakfast Egg Cups
These Baked Breakfast Egg Cups are simple to make, delicious to eat, and convenient to have in the freezer.
6 slices bacon cooked and chopped
2 cups baby spinach leaves stemmed and chopped
1 cup jarred roasted sweet red pepper, sliced
1 cup cheddar cheese grated
¼ tsp red chilli flakes
7 eggs beaten
½ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Pre-heat oven to 350°
- Use olive oil or cooking oil spray to grease a 12 cup muffin tin
- In a large bowl, combine bacon, spinach, sweet red pepper, cheddar cheese, and chili flakes.
- Add beaten egg, and stir to combine well
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, dividing evenly by 12
- Top each muffin cup filled mixture with Parmesan cheese
- Bake in the center of oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately or allow to cool and keep in fridge for up to 2 days, or freeze.
Bacon and cheese together add a lot of saltiness to these breakfast egg cups, so I haven't included any additional salt. To make ahead and freeze, transfer egg cups from muffin tin to a baking tray. Allow to cool completely, then put tray into the freezer to pre freeze for about an hour. You can then freeze, using a vacuum sealer, or in an airtight container. After thawing, these are good to eat cold, or reheat, wrapped in foil, in a 250° oven for 15 minutes