Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Spinach and Mushrooms
This one-pot garlic parmesan pasta skillet with spinach and mushrooms is super delicious and quick to make. The ultimate win for easy weeknight dinners!
14 oz (400g) farfalle pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions, sliced
3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
14 oz (400 g) mushrooms, sliced
10 oz (300g) fresh spinach
1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
1. To make the creamy parmesan spinach mushroom pasta skillet: Cook the pasta in salted water until al dente, according to the package instructions.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until translucent and slightly browned. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a plate.
3. In the same skillet, add the mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes until browned. Add a bit of oil if necessary. Remove mushrooms to the plate with onion and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until just wilted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Remove spinach and drain excess water. Transfer to another plate.
5. Still in the same skillet, heat a little oil, add the chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds, then deglaze with vegetable broth. Add cream, grated parmesan, chili pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning and cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined and the cream gets some color.
6. Once the pasta is ready, add mushrooms, onion, and spinach back to the skillet, then put drained pasta and toss to combine. Add more parmesan and Italian seasoning and give a quick stir. Serve the creamy parmesan spinach mushroom pasta with red chili pepper flakes and more parmesan, if you like. Enjoy!