This is a super simple breakfast that you can easily take to go.
▢ 2 slices wheat bread (whole grain, toasted)
▢ 1/2 cup ricotta (whole milk, or part skim)
▢ 1 apple (sliced thinly)
▢ 2 teaspoons honey
- Toast the bread to your desired toastiness. Let it cool slightly.
- Spread half of the ricotta on each piece of toast.
- Spread half of the thin apple slices over the ricotta cheese.
- Drizzle the honey over the top of the apples.
- Switch up the ricotta cheese with cream cheese or blue cheese.
- You can also substitute the apple slices for pear slices.
- Add sliced almonds or pumpkin or sunflower seeds to the top for a little added crunch and nutrition.
- Homemade bread or any other kind of sandwich bread or baguette works well. Try turning it into a sandwich for easier eating.